Reply To: Biden Drug Price Controls Backfire

• ObscureandFuzzy

Organizer
    January 21, 2024 at 6:57 pm

Couple interesting points you bring up:

Muscle4Muscle2009

Member January 20, 2024 at 2:52 am

I am absolutely ok with that IF the right measures and oversight of the governments management is regulated and managed equitably and fairly (good luck with that, I know)

Why not eliminate the “middle man” and just make drug companies appendages of the Federal government under your plan? Your proposal is essentially just that.

Muscle4Muscle2009

Create a non-partisan citizen board that would act in an oversight capacity with subpoena authority and with a broad mandate to act solely in the public interest.

Why go through the pretense that these are private companies anymore though? Just absorb them into the Federal government. Would be much more efficient.

Muscle4Muscle2009

I also think we need a National Helathcare System like many European countries have and work very well. I know because I have lived in Europe.

One very important reason the European countries can afford to have government healthcare for their citizens is that the USA is picking up the tab for their defense. The USA spends 3/4 of a TRILLION on defense a year. Germany spends 52 billion euro, France spends 47 billion euro. If the USA shrunk its military so that it could not defend Europe, you’d see those EU countries faced with a choice: Drastically expand spending on their military (and cut government healthcare) OR prepare to become part of the new Soviet Union.

Muscle4Muscle2009

Healthcare is a right, NOT a privilege. VOTE!!

And because healthcare is a right, it should be funded by the government?