Reply To: Surge of Migrants Heading North Has Chicago, New York at a ‘Breaking Point’

• ObscureandFuzzy

Organizer
    January 1, 2024 at 6:15 pm

Muscle4Muscle2009

Member January 1, 2024 at 3:31 am

Reply to ObscureandFuzzy to my reply to this thread: This is a no-brainer dude. The republicans only USE immigration as a talking point and fundraising strategy to continue the lies, mis/dis-information and conspiracy BS and fear mongering to fill their pockets with money to save their asses during election cycles. Republicans don’t want to find solutions to immigration and other issues, because it’s a cash cow and a weapon to use against Democrats. Go look at see how many bills they have passed and Biden signed in 2023. ZERO…I wonder why…If you don’t see that obvious and clear-as-day truth, I really can’t help you. At the very least, if we give the Democrats the super majority they need, they will be loyal to their responsibilities and address the issue(s). They take their oath and service to the Republic with more seriousness and commitment to serve then the white-supremist, hillbilly, redneck, white trailer park trash and religious hypocrites that make up the ‘republican party’.

I understand your point (denigrating Republicans notwithstanding).

The problem is that there are 12,000 to 14,000 known “migrants” entering the country every day. Most of them are being allowed to stay in the country and given “court appearance dates” (currently in the year 2031) for their asylum claim to be heard.

I think we can both agree that the asylum rules are being taken advantage of by these “new arrivals.”

The New York City Mayor has said the solution is to give these people work permits. Fine. But with unemployment rates so low (according to the Biden admin), where are these jobs going to come from? Do these “new arrivals” have the skills that these jobs require?

There’s currently a shortage of skilled nurses and other medical professionals. Same goes with pilots. My guess is that few if any of these “new arrivals” possess these skills.

So, for now, do we keep the “amnesty gates” wide open?

Or do we turn them back and refer them to the U.S. embassy in their home countries where they are welcome to apply as specified in current U.S. Immigration law?